♥The memory locket and floating charm adventure begins♥
In October of 2013, I was introduced to glass memory lockets and floating charms through an invite to an Origami Owl Jewelry Bar.
I have always treasured lockets and was in need of a new necklace with the birthstones of all my children. The see-through lockets intrigued me and I loved the idea of being able to change charms with every whim. The possibilities were endless and I became so excited with the idea that I wanted to give lockets to everyone I knew. I was not able to do this financially so I started researching manufacturers that made glass memory lockets and floating charms. I researched how different lockets were made and decided that I only wanted to sell lockets and chains made out of jewelry grade, stainless steel because of the durability and hypo-allergenic properties.
There were so many options and I was having so much fun discussing the choices with my two children, Zahara and Leopold, that I decided to bring them in on the venture. We decided to start our own memory locket and floating charm business by purchasing charms and lockets in bulk and reselling them at reasonable prices to the general public. My young daughters and I had so much fun learning how to start up and run a business and there is more to learn everyday.
- We started with one tray of floating charms and a few varieties of lockets and chains.
- My son, Johnathon, created our logo and I printed business cards on my home printer. My friend, David, generously allowed me to have this website on his server. I learned Word Press from the ground up and taught myself how to build a website.
- We sold our products at Crafters Corner in Prairie du Chien during the brief time they were in business.
- In the spring, my sister-in-law, Sara, joined our team and we helped with a fund-raiser for Sophia’s Saving Grace. Local moms with babies in the NICU during Mother’s Day received a Lahara heart locket that said ‘mom’ with floating charms.
- In the fall, we started taking our products to craft and vendor events around Wisconsin and Iowa.
- At the end of 2014, we were overflowing five trays of floating charms and had doubled the variety of memory lockets and chains we offered.
- To our current selection of round and heart shaped lockets, we added more color selection and a new line of teardrop shaped memory lockets.
- My daughter-in-law, Sage, created a new logo for us I ordered two banners and professional business cards.
- We continued to attend craft and vendor events and expanded into the outdoor venue.
We personally inspect each item we sell to make sure it is up to our standards and would be an item that we, ourselves, would wear with pride. We will help you design a locket and even send you a photo of the locket with charms upon request so you can see what you are purchasing. We also take requests for charms we don’t have yet.
Thanks for reading our story. We hope you have as much fun shopping with us as we have fun selling to you!
The adventure continues.
We hope you enjoy shopping with us!
Heather, Zahara, Leopold and Sara of Lahara Lockets